|Project Home||Features & Snapshots||Documentation||Download|
Rhino Rotorblade is a Python-bases extension for the commercial CAD-program Rhinoceros. This plug-in allows the generation of cross-section profiles for NACA airfoils. Furthermore, it allows the easy and user friendly assembly of cross-sections to form wings and rotors in form of surface CAD-models.
Key features of this software are:
- NACA airfoil shape profile interpolation curves currently for 4 and 5-Digit NACA series
- NACA database for commonly used airfoil series
- Extendibility of NACA profile generator due to object-oriented programming
- Assembly of airfoil shapes profile curves to form entire wing models
- Templates for wing shapes concerning thickness and chord length
- Easy placement of airfoil shapes and wing models in space
- Samples for all features and their usage
The code is developed, maintained and extended in form of a standalone development environment using Visual-Studio IDE, but might be also used with any other suitable environment. The usage requires a working version of the commercial CAD tool Rhinoceros of version 5.0 or higher.
Feel free to use or extend this free software.
Samples & Snapshots
The following snapshots are generated from the examples distributed with this software.